Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter's On It's Way

I'm super excited for Easter this year! This is the first holiday that I think Reese will really get to enjoy! Last year she was only 7 weeks old on Easter! She was such a pretty little baby sleeping most of the day and doing a major spit up on her precious dress! By Christmas she was 10 months and with all of the different events, she was just really overwhelmed. By the time her birthday rolled around she was loving it! She knew the celebration was just for her and she was happy to be the center of attention!

I have wanted to make an Easter wreath for quite a while now. I found the things I needed and had a couple things on hand. When I see grapevine wreaths at a thrift store I buy them... they are usually only 50 cents or a dollar! They aren't too expensive at Hobby Lobby, but I know that I might not use it right away or paint it or it might not turn out how I want.

I had painted one of my grapevine wreaths ballet slipper pink a while back. I was trying to make something for Reese's room, but it didn't work out! It was perfect for Easter though! I've been really drawn to purple for Easter, but I'm normally a pink girl so this was perfect! I got some cute glittery colored eggs, a bundle of carrots, and a pink bunny! For now the bunny will have to do, I thought it would go on a different way, but it actually just sets right in there for now. I couldn't find anything else to go in it's place.
Here was my inspiration. I pinned it on Pinterest probably right when I discovered Pinterest.

I also wanted to make a special basket for Reese. I found a basket at a thrift store for like 2 bucks! It took me a while to decide what I wanted to do and trying to figure out how to do it. I didn't know if I should do pink or yellow or white or my recent favorite mint color, or possibly a dark wood stain color. I went with white and found a purple fabric that had bunnies holding different colored jelly beans. It screamed Easter and was like 40% off! I can update it or do a different basket as Reese gets older and can tell me her favorite colors and fabric designs.
I CANNOT sew! I researched how to make a basket liner without sewing. Turns out people use hot glue to hem things, and there is also hem adhesive strips. My mom's friend helped me with the hemming adhesive strips. I would not have known how to do it without her help! I love how it turned out! My mom tied some cute bows for me on the sides! TEAM EFFORT! I'm really grateful for all of their help all of the time!
Stay tuned to see it filled with goodies from the Easter bunny!
We are hosting a dinner with my dad and step mom, and Evan's mom and her hubby! Then we head off to the Easter Egg Hunt at my great aunt's house. It's a huge event! I went to it when I was little, so I'm super excited to take Reese!

Of course I had quite the time finding the perfect dress for Reese. I saw this bunny dress a while back and it was not available for a while. Must have sold out quick. When it was available again, it was never in Reese's size! Last Saturday I checked again and woohoo it was in her size! I thought I'd better do 2-3 day shipping. I had some rewards and things were on sale so I got a really good deal. But by Wednesday and Thursday my order had not arrived. This morning I called because the tracking said it was delivered yesterday! Gap went above and beyond, calling the post office, calling stores to get me a replacement! Then of course a little while ago the mail man said he mistakenly delivered my order to another house! Shortly after the package arrived in the mail! So Reese will be able to wear this perfect Easter dress!

So here's Reese last Easter!

 Reese got her big girl car seat this week! What a difference a year makes! 

Happy Easter! Enjoy the weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment