Thursday, May 17, 2012

{diet} Dr. Pepper Cake

Diet Dr. Pepper Cake
Oh my goodness.. this cake is so good! I am not big on red velvet cake, but I saw this recipe on pinterest a while back and thought about making it from time to time. It's weight watchers style. I used lite, diet, sugar free ingredients. It does not taste diet AT ALL! Make for others or make it for just any time. It doesn't take long and it's super easy to throw together... believe me you won't be disappointed. Plus you'll have less guilt. I can't won't even tell you how much of this cake I ate on the first day!

Ingredients:
cake
1 box red velvet cake
8 oz Diet Dr. Pepper
topping
8 oz container lite cool whip (there is also low fat or sugar free options)
sugar free cheesecake jell-o pudding
2 cups milk (I used 1% because that's what we drink, but skim would make it even lighter!)

recipe from: Dr. Pepper cake weight watchers style

nice and red and thick!
I almost thought it might need a little more DP
mix Diet Dr. Pepper and cake mix together

bake at 350 for 30 minutes
it doesn't rise as high as a regular cake, I thought I might have cooked it too long,
but after it gets the topping it is so moist!

Tada!
For the topping mix the milk and pudding until it thickens, then spread it on top of the completely cooled cake. Next spread the cool whip on! Store in the refrigerator.
I think you could do other cake and pudding combos... I might try a different combination sometime, but I really love this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment