Thursday, December 29, 2011

DIY Bride

I put a lot of thought into my wedding. I wanted it to be about me and Evan, not just the things that are usually at a wedding. I wanted it to be really fun! I thought about every detail, favors, guestbook, music (during ceremony, dinner, and reception!), etc. My florist, Russ at Changing Seasons, brought a lot of my visions of the perfect wedding to life. As soon as he met me and I told him my colors and the things I wanted, he immediately showed me all the things I wanted! I probably drove him a little crazy because I changed my mind just a few times and about halfway through I almost changed everything! He did not only the flowers, but also some gifts, tables, chairs, linens.. and he's a wedding coordinator. He also knew a girl that could design my invitations and she was amazing. She ended up doing so many things for the wedding! kimtotty.com
With all of these creative juices flowing and my addiction to the internet I found so many things that would fit perfect and put my own spin on the things I found.
This is a blog of the things I made, and a few things I had help with from family and friends.

Save the Dates were the first DIY project!


They took some time to get it right, but they were pretty inexpensive and once I got the hang of it I did them pretty quickly. While I was searching for save the dates I found the idea HERE
The moo cards are so fun! I got more mini moo cards for our invitations with engagement pics and on the back it had the date time and address for the wedding!

I made hangers for the bridesmaids and hostess' also.
They are selling on Etsy for 16-40 bucks!
I bought a five pack of hangers at Target for less than $6 and the floral wire is like $3
 The most expensive things were the flowers (which were hair clips!), but Hobby Lobby has so many sales, and a daily 40% coupon, you could probably get them for pretty cheap. 


Kim Totty designed and printed the labels for me. My bridesmaids, hostess, mom and Patti helped put these together. got the idea here: DIY Apple Cider Favors
I got caramel apple cider in bulk from: McStevens Wholesale



My grandma gave me the cake cutting set, I just added ribbon and a stick on pearl to make it more special! Toasting flute sets were like 50 bucks in all the catalogs! I got a set of 4 from K-mart for $10 and just added the ribbon and pearl!


I added ribbon and pearls to the unity candle set. Which I bought at Hobby Lobby, just separate candles. The sets, again, are a lot more expensive! The florist provided the beautiful flower arrangement and table (: but that wasn't so cheap.


I made the guest book letters with the same paper I used for the guest book cards.


I decorated the quilted mason jars with ribbon, and I bought thin point sharpies in our colors.
I added orange and pink ribbon to the baskets that had sticker labels made by Kim Totty. The baskets had programs, guest book cards, favors and cards. I found cheap baskets online and hot glued the ribbon, they looked so nice!


I wanted a lined paper, and my friend Ashleigh had me browse through the dollar section at Joanne's and I found a notepad that was an off white color with pink lines! Perfect! I put the little piece of lined paper on pink, black, or khaki colored paper and added a pink, black or orange ribbon with organdy swirls! My mom made bows for the centerpieces with a lot of the ribbon I had. I don't have a very good picture of it though :(

ALL PICTURES EXCEPT THE SAVE THE DATES ARE BY Allison Wonderland Photographie

I had so much fun planning the wedding and it turned out so perfect! More blogs to come about the wedding/best day of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment