Sunday, September 30, 2012

Baby Miller's Gender Reveal!


I always had it in mind that I would not find out the gender of my baby until the baby was born. My husband wanted to know as soon as he could. Through the wonderful world of pinterest and facebook I learned about gender reveal parties. I like to make anything into a party! I also like things to be memorable and special. My husband also wanted to know the sex before the big reveal with family. I had a very hard time with this... I felt like I would be able to figure out the gender by his reaction. I backed off and hoped he would change his mind, but the week of our appointment I battled again! We shook on him finding out before the reveal if the second baby we don't find out until the baby's birth!

When we got to the doctor's office he asked the tech to write the sex down and put it in an envelope (which he could have given the sealed envelope to the people at Party City and they would put the correct color of balloons in the box). He said he was going to look at it right before he got the balloons that would be released from the box I decorated. He said he was at least going to wait until I went back to work. All afternoon I hoped he had changed his mind to wait and find out with me. But he didn't. We went to the doctor on Friday and our party was on Sunday. He said he almost slipped up several times and that he thought he could have waited to find out with me.

I really couldn't tell and only thought he might have messed up one thing he said about the baby but we were talking about other people too so it wasn't a dead give away. I just thought about how it's like when you tell someone to buy you one of two things for Christmas, you know what gifts you might get, just not which one!

Our party was so much fun! I of course had fun doing lots of projects and then getting everyone together! We did a diaper raffle as well. Anyone that brought diapers entered the drawing for a sweet prize--a night out at the movies with candy and Topsy's popcorn! If they brought more than one pack of diapers they got to enter their name again!

I just love love love the balloon display, from Special Events in Blue Springs.They do parties and cute accessories!

Cast your vote!
The invite was created for me by the same designer that did so many things for my wedding:

 I'm pretty proud of this little banner I made out of scrapbook paper. I traced some cute letters I got at Hobby Lobby and hung it on jute with the clothespins that people wore to show their vote. My hubby even called this banner cute!

The votes were even just before the reveal!

Team Blue

Team Pink


 The Reveal!!!


 It's a girl!!!



 Mommy's excited! Daddy's in trouble (:

My cousin was pretty certain it was a girl! She bought a boy outfit too, but this was the set of outfits I wanted to go buy if it was a girl!

All of our family and friends loved this party! We had a great day, got lots of diapers and celebrated our baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment