Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Weekend! {lots of pics}

We had so much fun over the weekend! It was very busy! I was off on Friday and should have been getting things ready for the weekend, but with my clingy little girl it has been almost impossible to do anything lately. I managed to get to run a couple of errands, but still had to go back out after Reese went to bed! Evan decided to take off on Saturday to get our house in order for company and go to the zoo! We enjoyed some yummy monkey bread that I will share soon! (Since I got the Rhodes dinner rolls for our dinner I just knew we had to make that bread!) 
Reese could actually see the animals and just had a blast with little girls that are like cousins to her (close family friends). She is not too much of stroller baby! She likes to be held or walk around on her own. She sure looks like she knows where she's going, but really she's just wandering around. I'm really trying to get her to hold my hand and walk with me! She's starting to do it, but only for short periods of time.

gotta love that smile!

three generations, one with a mouth full of cheez-its!


can't get enough of those kisses!



she could have done the slide all day with these two!


"Hi penguin! You're just my size!"

I call this "zoo tired!" she slept a long time, we had to wake her up

We went to grandma's for a delicious spaghetti dinner and dying Easter eggs! She started getting some Easter goodies and she just loved this bunny! We tried to get a good pic of her with the ears on! She also got a little golf set, and went about nuts over it! She was whacking the clubs around like crazy, I thought someone was about to get hurt! She even screamed when she wanted it... I said oh no time to calm down and then showed her how I would ask nicely for it!
What a super fun day!

Easter was even busier! The morning was fun showing Reese that the Easter bunny came!



peeps are a hit!

 I was baking a cake, making bunny bait, Evan got the rolls ready, and I was making pork loin for our dinner! Everyone else brought the sides and more Easter baskets! Our child is absolutely spoiled! We had a super yummy dinner. I was nervous about my pork loin because I had to double the recipe and of course didn't read everything about the glaze before hand! But it was pretty tasty! Here's the recipe. I attempted to decorate my cake! It looked like maybe a kid did it, but oh well. Gotta love strawberry cake!

We had a lot of fun at the Easter Egg Hunt that my grandparents and great aunt have been putting on for 40 years! Reese figured out that kids were putting the bubble wands into the soapy water, but not how to do the bubbles. She thought she was pretty cool walking around with the sticks! She got lots of cool toys, books, and candy throughout the day from all of her grandparents! She's one lucky girl! We had a blast and she was one wore out little girl!


this is just one of my favorite pictures ever!

Time for some dieting after all the candy and good food! Better eating all together actually! 
With the nicer weather it's actually given me a kick to get into a better habit of exercising!

Have a great week!






1 comment:

  1. These pictures are adorable!!!! Looks like you had a great Easter!!!

    Brianna
    Follow along: http://keepingupwiththekeens2428.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete